Lea Gourlay

Moderator: Moderator

Lea Gourlay

Postby Schwantz34 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:57 am

Was just wondering if anyone had any updates on how Lea is after his crash in the Ulster? Can't see anything anywhere.
Schwantz34

Re: Lea Gourlay

Postby icefever » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:22 pm

Lea is still in hospital, the doctors are still concerned about his swelling, he is still being sedated. Latest update i got today was they are also looking at possible crushed vertebra in lower back and he may also require neck operation.
icefever

Postby Schwantz34 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:06 am

That's not so good, I was hoping no news was good news.

If you see him or his family, pass on my best wishes. Thanks
Schwantz34

Postby BLACKWIDOW » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Schwantz34 wrote:That's not so good, I was hoping no news was good news.

Lea is doing fine now considering the extent of his injuries.
"Ice Fever" is getting his information from ME as I am a personal friend of both Lea and Lindsay and also a friend of his dad Bob Gourlay who is sadly missed by all of those who knew him.
The doctors and nurses are all astounded at Leas recovery to date .
I do not wish to comment like "Ice fever" on his specific injuries, as this is a personal matter and should not be posted on this forum or on the internet in any way or circumstance.
Suffice to say he is getting better and will be riding my bike in the XR series if it runs again next year.
BLACKWIDOW

Postby daskin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:50 pm

BLACKWIDOW wrote:

"Ice Fever" is getting his information from ME as I am a personal friend of both Lea and Lindsay and also a friend of his dad Bob Gourlay who is sadly missed by all of those who knew him.
I do not wish to comment like "Ice fever" on his specific injuries, as this is a personal matter and should not be posted on this forum or on the internet in any way or circumstance.
Suffice to say he is getting better and will be riding my bike in the XR series if it runs again next year.

Please dont be offended by us folks enquiring about Lea`s condition-- he is a very well liked and respected person in the bike racing world and has helped and advised so many people in the classic world-- very many guys and gals wouldnt be racing without his knowledge and generosity.I know because i`m one of them
I was very concerned when I heard of his accident--But even though i have both his home and mobile numbers--I didnt think it was a good idea to ring his family at such a worrying time--so i made enquiries on racing forums. and have had personal messages from some of his friends to update me on his condition--and i thank them for this
We all wish Lea a speedy and full recovery and hope to see him thrashing that TZ round the curcuits again very soon
daskin

Postby Schwantz34 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:50 pm

BLACKWIDOW wrote:

A couple of things I maybe require to clarify. I was not attempting to elicit any specifics about his injuries and I don't believe there was any malice intended with ice fevers reply.

The main thing is that he seems to be well on the road to recovery.
Schwantz34

Postby banzai » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Any more news on Lea ?
banzai

Postby the 'other' Mike Edwards » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Had a day with Lea recently and he is coming on with his recovery in leaps and bounds, Lindsey makes great cakes and and cups of tea, Lea and I talk about racing, building bikes and stuff.
Mike 'Spike' Edwards, the only independent ACU Certified Commercial Road Racing Coach - Track Tuition Blog Main Website
the 'other' Mike Edwards

Postby Mitch » Fri May 06, 2011 11:55 am

I too would like to wish lea a speedy recovery, since my own son started racing i've missed locking horns with lea and his dad from gold star days.
Raced against lea in 350 classic, 500 classic and 350 post classic, never quite managed to beat him though, :( get well soon mate because i'm considering a comeback :wink:

Dean Mitchell
Mitch

Return to Single Make Series (Triumph and Ducati)